VP – Senior Analyst Utilities or Infrastructure
Moody's EMEA Infrastructure Finance Team is part of Moody's global Infrastructure Finance Group and is responsible for rating all utility, corporate infrastructure and project finance issuers based in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
This is a challenging role where you will be responsible for ensuring rating accuracy, providing insightful credit analysis and responding to investors inquiries on a portfolio of regulated and unregulated utility companies. This opportunity involves developing/maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the relevant sectors and financing structures, coordinating with colleagues and across other lines of business, and writing thought-leading research. In this role, you will be expected to:
- Conduct initial and on-going fundamental credit analysis on a dedicated portfolio of issuers.
- Present on a regular basis to rating committees and other internal analytical meetings to assign and maintain credit ratings.
- Draft topical, insightful and high-quality research on rated companies, sector wide and cross-sector credit themes.
- Present Moody's views at outreach events including investor briefings, teleconferences, conference participations and other third party events.
- Maintain high profile relationships with issuers, investors and intermediaries, with frequent interaction with investors and intermediaries.
Moody's Project and Infrastructure Finance Group has responsibility for rating debt issued by public and private infrastructure issuers and electric, gas and water utilities. Such issuers include project finance entities that are limited to a special purpose by law, regulation, or contracts, as well as infrastructure and utility companies not contractually limited to a specific activity. Sectors covered by the Project and Infrastructure Finance Group include:
- Electric, gas and water utilities
- Project/concession financings in the infrastructure sectors (toll roads, railroads, airports, seaports, hospitals, etc.)
- Financings of natural resource and energy projects, including power projects and renewable energy projects
- Stadiums, lotteries, and other limited recourse concession-type financing
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to BSc / MSc in relevant areas.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CFA or equivalent professional qualification would be highly beneficial.
- 8+ years of experience in credit analysis or a related area, including demonstrable financial analysis experience, cash flow analysis and cash flow based lending techniques, gained from a recognized financial institution or audit firm.
- Strong knowledge of the utility and/or corporate infrastructure sector and related financing structures; solid understanding of documentation and financial modelling and broad experience of reviewing them.
- Strong knowledge of the infrastructure debt markets and an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets would be highly advantageous.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Good IT competency skills including advance Excel and PowerPoint.
- Sound judgement – capable of developing independent opinion and defending own views.
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent the Moody's brand effectively at a senior level.
- Proactive/ »can do » approach to work.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Ability to deal with a multitude of tasks and issuers.
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Produces work to high standards.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Fluency in second European language would be a plus.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.