Associate Analyst – RRS Infrastructure and Utilities
The Associate Analyst (AA) role provides an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the Rating teams, by providing a range of analytical support services that contributes to the overall credit analysis function performed by these teams.
The role requires a solid accounting background with strong focus in financial analysis. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work effectively in a team environment. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
The AA position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
- Attend analytical meetings (regional travel required) and assist with meeting follow-up reports
- Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations relating to issuers and sectors, under the principle direction of lead analysts and the RRS Team Manager. Examples of analytical work include:
- Preparing financial spreadsheets and charts, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody's methodologies.
- Identifying trends in data and use analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions.
- Ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issuer credit ratings
- Support sector and company research writing
- Assist in preparation of rating recommendation memo
- Develop working knowledge of Moody's methodologies in order to apply to credit analysis.
- Support credit monitoring of issuers by e.g. periodically updating preliminary components of analysis, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary
- Interact professionally with intermediaries and issuers
- Review rating documentation, including bank loans, covenants and bond indentures
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks.
Moody's EMEA Project and Infrastructure Finance Group has responsibility for rating debt issued by public and private infrastructure issuers and electric, gas and water utilities in EMEA region The Ratings & Research Support department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research function.
The Ratings & Research Support (RRS) department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research (R&R) function. In addition, this department will provide support for primary and surveillance activities and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications).
- Preferably relevant credit analysis experience, ideally within Utilities and Infrastructure sectors, or related experience from a recognised financial institution or an audit firm.
- Enhanced accounting knowledge (e.g., through coursework, CFA/ACCA (or equivalent), or relevant work experience).
- Solid understanding of cash-flow lending techniques
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to use complex financial models and software specific to the business.
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Financial/statistical research capabilities
- Strong quantitiave aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Ambitious and highly motivated/keen to identify and pursue opportunities for self development
- Able to work using own initiative and without close supervision
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in German, French, Spanish, Italian and/or other European languages such as Finnish and Polish would be advantageous.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.